- About the ANZFSS
- Apply to Join
- Member Login
Initial invitation period
In order to initially establish the Professional Member category, an invitation period will apply. The applicant must meet the criteria for Professional Membership specified here, however, until a body of Professional Members has been established, the requirement that at least one of the two referees is a Professional Member will be waived. This requirement may instead be met by having at least one of the two referees who is a General Member of at least five years’ standing, or a Life Member. We anticipate that this waiver will need to be in effect for at least one year.
Additionally, for successful Professional Member applications received prior to 1 October 2019, the General Member subscription fee for 2019 – 2020 will be reimbursed once payment for the Professional Member has been received. Professional Membership fees are listed at the bottom of this page.
Further information about Professional Membership entitlements, the application process and the continuing professional development requirements can be found by following the links below.
Individuals eligible to apply for Professional Membership who are not a current General Member should contact the ANZFSS Secretariat for information on how to proceed.
Online application form (accessible to current General or Life Members only). Note that information added to the form cannot be saved so ensure you have gathered the following required attachments to the application form before you begin:
- CV summary supporting your qualifications and employment history (maximum 4 pages);
- List of related publications. If you have more than 10, please list the most recent 10;
- Letter of confirmation of employment, or from referees confirming employment and qualification;
- Completed Record of Continuing Professional Development Activity.
Applicants will also need to confirm the following within the application form:
- I have read and agree to abide by the Rules of the Association and understand my responsibilities as a forensic practitioner to the Society, clients, employers, the justice system and the community in general, as outlined within the Associations Code of Professional Practice;
- If this application is accepted, I understand that any false or misleading information in my application may result in suspension or cancellation of my membership;
- I certify that my answers are true and complete to the best of my knowledge;
- I certify that I have not been convicted of any criminal matter within Australia, New Zealand or any other country.