- About the ANZFSS
- Apply to Join
- Member Login
ANZFSS Symposium Awards
Applications for Symposium Awards to attend the 2020 Symposium in Sydney are now open
To apply please read the criteria and conditions below, then complete the application form. The completed form must be emailed to the ANZFSS Secretary , Dr Carolyne Bird at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5.00 pm (ACDT) on Friday 31 January 2020. Please save your PDF using the following filename format “Branch First_Name Last_Name Symposium Award”.
Note if you have trouble opening the application form when you click on the link above, right click on the link and select ‘Save link as…’ to download the file to your computer, find the location to which the file has been downloaded and open the file to Adobe Acrobat Reader from there. Note also that the edited PDF form cannot be saved for further editing, you will have to print (to PDF or hardcopy) in order to save and submit it.
Applicants must be:
- a General or Professional member of ANZFSS with at least 24 months of continuous membership at the date of the 2020 symposium (22 September 2020), OR
- a Student member of ANZFSS with at least 12 months of continuous membership at the date of the 2020 symposium (22 September 2020), OR
- a Life member of ANZFSS.
Criteria include involvement in the local Branch and the Society, and the merit of the paper or poster to be presented.
Note that awards may be made to a limited number of non-presenters; applicants must make a statement outlining the personal and professional benefits of their attendance at the Symposium within the application form.
For successful applicants who have submitted abstract(s) to the Symposium:
– Acceptance of the abstract/s by the Symposium Scientific Committee;
– Presentation at the Symposium of the poster/oral presentation as outlined in the application (with acknowledgement of ANZFSS support), and;
– Presentation at a local Branch meeting either prior to, or, subsequent to the Symposium.
For successful applicants who are not presenting at the Symposium:
– Preparation of a synopsis of their Symposium attendance (e.g. presentations/posters that stood out, lessons learnt) for inclusion in a future ANZFSS newsletter
These awards are offered every two years to support the attendance of practitioners and students at the Symposium.
In 2018, 40 general and 20 student registrations have been awarded by ANZFSS Executive for attendance at the 24th International Symposium on the Forensic Sciences, to be held in Perth, Western Australia in September. The complete list of recipients is below.
|General Members||Student Members|
|Alex Caruana||ACT||Anna Agius||ACT|
|Dennis McNevin||ACT||Alicia Khuu||NSW|
|Michelle Gahan||ACT||Alexandra Summerell||NSW|
|Daniel Pasin||NSW||Joshua Klingberg||NSW|
|David Bruce||NSW||Matthieu Maitre||NSW|
|Fiona Jackson||NSW||Natasha Benson||NSW|
|Jodie Ward||NSW||Nicole Cattarossi||NSW|
|Mackenzie de la Hunty||NSW||Rebecca Richards||NZ|
|Scott Chadwick||NSW||Bradley Ivory||NZ|
|Tony Raymond||NSW||Aaron Cosgrove||QLD|
|Bindi Burnell||NT||Eliza Moule||SA|
|Alicia Haines||NZ||Ashton Theakstone||VIC|
|Anna Lemalu||NZ||Mitchell Montgomery||VIC|
|Therese de Castro||NZ||Natalie Gasz||VIC|
|Aaron Schulze||QLD||Rhiannon Boseley||WA|
|Carl Streeting||QLD||Ariane Maggio||WA|
|Julie Connell||QLD||Karin van der Pal||WA|
|Duncan Taylor||SA||Phillip Day||WA|
|Danielle Butzbach||SA||Sorour Shahbazi||WA|
|Denice Higgins||SA||Talia Newland||WA|
|Bernadette De Vere||VIC|